1) Emigration prevails amongst young males.
2) They might supplement their diet plan with fruit, eggs, rodents, pests and desert truffles.
3) Their most significant population lies in the Kalahari Desert.
4) They have a life expectancy of about 13 to 15 years.
5) A male can go up in rank by eliminating a higher ranking male in conflict.
6) The alpha female is generally the oldest in the clan.
7) They prefer rocky mountainous locations.
8) Brown hyenas have a social hierarchy equivalent to those of wolves.
9) Clans safeguard their area, and all members work together in raising cubs.
10) Unlike spotted hyenas, they are born with their eyes closed.
11) Their cubs are especially vulnerable to African lion predation.
12) Their population range from 9,000 to 10,000 individuals.
13) It is considered the rarest species of hyena.
14) They are aggressive scavengers.
15) They are usually called strandwolf.
16) The gestation duration is around 3 months.
17) Moms typically produce one litter every 20 months.
18) They usually do not mate with their clan members.
19) There are no substantial distinctions of size between the sexes.