1) The Wirehair initially took place in the 1960’s as a random anomaly of the American Shorthair, amongst a litter of 5 born to a set of barn cats in NYC.
2) Their fur needs little grooming, although lighter cats might need sunscreen.
3) The Wirehair has an even, steady personality which is like that of the American Shorthair.
4) They are peaceful and mild, however active, and likewise lively.
5) Their coat resembles the wire coats of terries dogs.
6) In Germany, they are trendy.
7) They have been referred to as rather funny and adorable.
8) They typically choose to remain inside your home.