1) Amazon, S.L. is an American e-commerce company and cloud computing services at all levels based in the U.S. city of Seattle, Washington state.
2) Its motto is from A to Z.
3) It was one of the first big companies to sell goods over the Internet.
4) Amazon also owns Alexa Internet, a9.com, Shopbop, Internet Movie Database (IMDb), Zappos.com, DPreview.com, and Twitch.
5) Amazon has established independent websites for the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Austria, France, China, Japan, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Argentina, Brazil, India, Venezuela, and Mexico to be able to offer the products of those countries.
6) It is the most valuable retail brand in the world according to the BrandZ index.
7) In 1994, Bezos left his job as vice president of D. E. Shaw & Co., a Wall Street firm, and moved to Seattle, where he began working on a business plan for what would eventually become Amazon.com.
8) Jeff Bezos created the Cadabra company on July 5, 1994. He changed the name to Amazon one year later after a lawyer confounded Cadabra with “cadaver”(corpse).
9) In September 1994, Bezos bought the URL Relentless.com and briefly the online store had the name of Relentless, but his friends told him that the name sounded a little sinister.
10) Bezos changed its name to Amazon.com in 1995.
11) Bezos selected the name of Amazon by looking at the dictionary, opted for the title, Amazon because the Amazon was a place “exotic and different ” as he planned his shop; The Amazon River was the world’s largest river and planned to turn its store into the world’s largest.
12) Since June 19, 2000, the Amazon logo has presented a curved arrow in the form of a smile that leads from A to Z, which represents that the company owns all the products from A to Z.