1) Akron is a city located in Summit County in the U.S. state of Ohio.
2) In the census of 2010, it had a population of 199 110 inhabitants and a population density of 1232.53 people per km².
3) It was founded in 1825 by Simon Perkins.
4) The birth of the rubber industry began in the eighteenth century, long before America fell in love with the car.
5) Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company became the leading tire manufacturer in America, and Akron received the motto of “Rubber Capital of the World.”
6) For a time, at the beginning of the twentieth century, Akron was the city of the country that grew faster. People came to work in rubber factories from many places, including Europe.
7) It is the hometown of the basketball players LeBron James and Stephen Curry.