1) Ahmedabad is the seventh most populated city of India, the largest of the state of Gujarat.
2) The city is sometimes referred to as Karnavati, the name of an ancient city that existed in the same place and is also known as Amdavad in the colloquial Gujarati.
3) It is located in the central-North region of Gujarat, on the margins of the river Sabarmati.
4) It is the administrative center of the District of Ahmedabad and was capital of the state of Gujarat from 1960 to 1970r.
5) On March 31, 2011, the “Historical City of Ahmedabad” was registered in the indicative list of India, a previous step to being declared a World Heritage Site.
6) The city is located in an arid region, on flat terrain except for the small hills of Thaltej-Jodhpur Tekra.