1) This breed is mainly peaceful, however, can end up being thrilled if assaulted or threatened, and reveals no worry towards any assailant.
2) The breed is German in origin and goes back to the seventeenth century.
3) Affe suggests monkey in German, so the name cames because of its significant monkey-like expression.
4) They are somewhat territorial when it pertains to their toys and food, so they are not suggested for houses with tiny kids.
5) Just like lots of little breeds of dog, Affenpinschers are vulnerable to the luxating patella and collapsed trachea.
6) Affenpinscher is ancestral to the Miniature Schnauzer and the Brussels Griffon.
7) It requires constant, firm training because some can be somewhat tough to housebreak.
8) They can be dynamic, daring, curious, confident, caring to owners and extremely protective of them.
9) Every hair in the dog coat grows from a hair root, which has a 3 stage cycle (anagen, catagen, and telogen).
10) The hair follicle starts the cycle once again at the end of the telogen stage.
11) Affenpinschers are very susceptible to hip dysplasia.
12) They were developed to be a ratter, working to eliminate rodents from kitchen areas, granaries, and stables.