1) Aerosmith is also known as “The Bad Boys of Boston,” or “Toxic Twins,” a nickname for which their two leaders are known for their historical addiction to the drugs.
2) Its aggressively rhythmic sound has roots in the blues.
3) The band contributed to establishing the sound of hard rock and heavy metal between the years 1981 and 1990.
4) The band was formed in Boston, Massachusetts, in 1970.
5) In 1972 Aerosmith signed a contract with Columbia Records and launched a series of albums that have been certified multi-platinum, starting with their debut album Homonym.
6) By the end of the decade of the 70, they were already one of the most popular bands of Hard Rock around the world, managing to harvest a large number of followers, often called “Blue Army.”
7) The band did not succeed between 1980 and 1984, launching only one album.
8) Aerosmith is one of the bands with the highest number of sales of all the times. They have sold more than 200 million albums worldwide.
9) they have the record of being the American group with the most significant number of gold and platinum records.
10) The band has achieved 21 entries to the Top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100, 4 Grammy Awards, and 10 MTV Video Music Awards.
11) They are included in the Rock Hall of Fame since 2001.
12) In 2005 were ranked No. 57 in the list of the 100 best artists of all time by Rolling Stone magazine.
13) After 46 years of giving concerts, the band made a farewell tour in 2017.