1) Acadia National Park is a national park of the United States, located mainly on the island of Mount Desert Island off the Atlantic coast of Maine.
2) The park is managed by the United States National Parks Service.
3) The area includes mountains, an ocean coast, forests, and lakes.
4) In addition to the Mount Desert Island, the park includes most of the Isle au Haut and a portion of the Schoodic Peninsula on the mainland.
5) The park was established as Sieur de Monts National Monument on January 19, 1916.
6) On February 26, 1919, it became National Park, with the name of Lafayette National Park in honor of the Marquis de La Fayette, a Frenchman who supported the American Revolution.
7) The name of the park was changed by Acadia National Park in 1929.
8) The Cadillac Mountain on the east side of the island is a famous tourist destination because it is one of the first places in the United States where you see the sunrise.
9) The Park is equipped with trails that allow you to observe trees and landscapes.