1) Abu Dhabi means literally “father of Gazelle.”
2) It is located on an island in the form of T to the southeast of the Arabian Gulf.
3) The Emirate itself covers an area of 67.340 km² and had a population of 860,000 inhabitants in 2007.
4) Abu Dhabi houses important offices of the Federal Government and is the seat of the Government of the United Arab Emirates as well as headquarters of the Emirati Royal family.
5) At the beginning of the 21st-century, the city has become the center of the political life of the country, industrial activities, and cultural tradition.
6) Abu Dhabi itself generates the 15% of the GDP of the United Arab Emirates.
7) As one of the world’s largest producers of oil, the city has sought to diversify its economy in recent years through investments in tourism and financial services.
8) The city is the 3rd most expensive city in the region, and the 26th most expensive in the world.
9) Most of the city is located on the island itself but has many suburbs on the mainland.