1) Her full name was Aaliyah Dana Haughton.
2) She was a singer of R & B, dancer, model and actress.
3) She was repeatedly nominated to the Grammy.
4) In 1997, she got an Oscar Nomination.
5) She was initially presented at the hearings by the singer and producer R & B R. Kelly in 1994.
6) Aaliyah became famous during the half of the 90’s with several hits, thanks to the composition/production team of Missy Elliott, Timbaland, and Steve Garrett.
7) Its musical heritage includes five No. 1 hits on the R & B charts, and seven singles in the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100.
8) Aaliyah sold around 35 million albums worldwide and approximately 17 million in the U.S.
9) In total, more than 52 million albums were sold during and after her career.
10) She was also a model for Tommy Hilfiger and starred in two films before her death in a tragic plane crash on August 25, 2001, at the age of 22.