Health

Interesting Facts About Air Pollution

1) Air pollution is understood to be the presence in the air of substances or forms of energy that implies risk, damage or severe discomfort for persons and goods of any nature. 2) Since the Industrial Revolution began, the development of transport and the use of fuels have increased the concentration of carbon dioxide in… Continue reading Interesting Facts About Air Pollution

Health

Interesting Facts About Agoraphobia

1) Agoraphobia is primarily related to the intense fear of open or public spaces where agglomerations can occur. 2) The word comes from the Greek terms (agora=”Plaza”) and (Phobos=”Fear”), is closely related to panic disorder. 3) Examples of the fears experienced by the agoraphobic are to live a crisis, to faint, to suffer a heart… Continue reading Interesting Facts About Agoraphobia

Health

Interesting Facts About Aerobic Exercises

1) Aerobic exercises include any that is practiced at moderate levels of intensity for extended periods of time, which keeps a higher heart rate. 2) In such exercises, the oxygen is used to “burn” fats and sugar (aerobic means literally “with oxygen,” and refers to the use of oxygen in the energy generation processes of… Continue reading Interesting Facts About Aerobic Exercises

Health

Interesting Facts About ADHD

1) Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD is a chronic disorder of neuropsychiatric development that is often diagnosed in childhood and may persist in adulthood. 2) It is characterized by inattention (moderate to severe distraction, short attention periods), hyperactivity (motor restlessness), and impulsive behavior (emotional instability and impulsive behaviors) that causes problems in multiple areas, hindering… Continue reading Interesting Facts About ADHD

Health

Interesting Facts About Adderall

1) The Adderall is a phenethylamine used in the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy. 2) It is also used creatively as an aphrodisiac and euphoriant. 3) In therapeutic doses, Adderall may cause emotional and cognitive effects such as euphoria, changes in libido, increased alertness and better cognitive control. In these doses,… Continue reading Interesting Facts About Adderall

Health

Interesting Facts About Achondroplasia

1) Achondroplasia is a bone dysplasia caused by a genetic disorder, and it’s the primary cause of dwarfism. 2) 75% of the cases are new mutations, and the remaining 25% are autosomal dominant disorders, i.e., inherited from the parents. 3) The disorder consists of a modification to the DNA caused by alterations in the receptor… Continue reading Interesting Facts About Achondroplasia